Friday, 25 November 2011

Toy

My little daughter….kisses her Barbie, hugs it tight.
Savours she its softness and smoothness indeed.
Says she, ‘Papa I love it,
my daughter it is,
would you like to sleep with this?’
My lovely darling, mwaah, I’d say,
And pull her to my heart and bay.
Would kiss and say, my darling my soft sun ray.

In my time, I’d whine for a toy,
My father would say, no, you’re such a good boy.
Would lift me to his lap and heart
Cries would die there in his lovely heart. 

The next moment forgetting everything,
I’d smile a lot for nothing and for nothing. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely childhood moments remembered and re-lived through this poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. This will go a long way in encouraging this writer. Thanks for your time and patience.

STOP PLAGIARISM